Since seasonal weather can be erratic and unpredictable, it is important to have a dependable HVAC system to keep the indoor environment comfortable and healthy. Your HVAC contractor plays an important role in helping to keep your heating and cooling equipment operating efficiently and reliably in different weather conditions.
Finding the Right HVAC Contractor
The key to maximizing the performance and longevity of your HVAC equipment is to partner with the right heating and air conditioning company. At Custom Aire, we recognize you have many contractor choices, and the selection process can be frustrating and confusing. Before you hire an HVAC company to work on your system, make sure to look for the following characteristics:
- Licensing: Pennsylvania requires HVAC contractors to obtain a Home Improvement Contractor’s License for residential construction. You can check with the Department of Labor and Industry to verify the company you choose has a valid contractor’s license in good standing.
- Certifications: Contractors who have been awarded a “Factory Authorized” designation by a major equipment manufacturer have demonstrated an exceptional knowledge of heating and air conditioning operating principles and a superior commitment to customer service. Also look for affiliations with the North American Technician Excellence (NATE) organization, the Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) and the Energy Star program.
- Positive Referrals and Reviews: Friends and business acquaintances can be helpful in providing information on a contractor’s workmanship, timeliness and competitiveness. Property managers, civic groups and breakfast clubs are also a good source for locating a qualified contractor. Be wary of online reviews since they are not always reliable.
AT Custom Aire, we provide a complete array of HVAC-related services to ensure your equipment ownership experience is pleasant and trouble free.
- Commercial HVAC Services: Facilities managers and administrators face constant pressure to balance operating costs with the growing demand for services. An unexpected HVAC equipment failure can have a devastating impact on sales and employee productivity. The demands of commercial equipment are far different from those in a residential system. Our technicians have a thorough understanding of commercial HVAC equipment including economizers, VAV boxes and make-up air units.
- Furnace and Air Conditioner Installation: Every new system installation should include a complete set of load calculations so the equipment is matched precisely to the building’s heating and cooling requirements. In replacement applications, it is important to check the air distribution system and repair leaks, breeches and loose connections.
- HVAC Repair: When your heating and cooling system breaks down, you need an HVAC company that responds quickly to every service inquiry. Make sure that a NATE certified technician completes the repairs to ensure the work is done right the first time. Your HVAC contractor should prioritize service calls and offer 24/7 emergency service for serious situations.
Comprehensive Heating and Cooling Solutions
For the best air conditioning and furnace installation, repair and maintenance services, call the professionals at Custom Aire today.