Substandard indoor air quality (IAQ) is one of the most pressing health issues facing architects, engineers and HVAC contractors. Modern homes are built with tight perimeters and sealed duct systems, and most natural fresh air pathways are eliminated. Polluted indoor air can aggravate a number of respiratory illnesses including asthma, allergies and COPD.
Complete Duct Cleaning Services
Duct cleaning is a crucial component in a comprehensive IAQ strategy. Airborne pollutants become trapped indoors and continually recirculate through your heating and cooling system. Over time, dirt, grime, grit and other contaminants build up on the interior surfaces of your ductwork as well as vital HVAC equipment components. Older homes can also have serious indoor air quality problems. Leaky ductwork allows dust, fiberglass and dirt to be pulled directly into the system where it is eventually deposited into the living area.
At Custom Aire, our duct cleaning service can remove the contaminants that have accumulated inside your HVAC system. We clean vital components like the blower motor, heat exchanger, evaporator coil, plenum and air handler.
Before we start a new duct cleaning project, our technicians examine your ductwork and equipment. We use cameras and mirrors to locate hidden problems that require special attention. After devising a duct cleaning plan, all of the supply and return registers are blocked off.
While some duct cleaning service companies only vacuum out loose debris, we place an advanced rotary brush system into the ductwork to actually scrub the interior surfaces. The action of the brush loosens clumped and stubborn dirt, dander, hair and other pollutants. After the brushing process is completed, our technicians attach a powerful vacuum to the system to create an extreme negative pressure. The contaminants pass through two HEPA filters before they are deposited in a sealed container on our truck.
The Many Benefits of Duct Cleaning
Our duct cleaning service offers a variety of benefits including:
- Improved Indoor Air Quality: Regular duct cleaning will eliminate the impurities and toxins that accumulate in your home, especially during severe weather when the windows and doors remain closed for an extended period.
- Lower HVAC Repair Costs: Clean equipment components provide better operation and efficiency, which leads to fewer breakdowns and reduced repair costs.
- Lower Utility Bills: Ductwork restrictions, clogged coils and dirty blower motors all degrade system performance. Your HVAC equipment must run longer to meet the thermostat call, which results in higher utility costs.
- Longer Equipment Life: When your equipment is clean, it accumulates fewer operating hours when compared to dirty, neglected units. This ultimately helps to extend the life of your system.
Dryer Vent Cleaning
As you run your dryer, lint begins to accumulate inside the vent pipe. If it is not properly maintained, the vent can become completely obstructed. Without a way to escape, heat builds up inside the dryer and may eventually cause a fire. In fact, restricted dryer vents are responsible for over 16,000 fires annually.
At Custom Aire, we use advanced Rotobrush equipment and a HEPA vacuum system to completely clear any obstructions or restrictions in your dryer vent system. Keeping your dryer vent clean will help extend the life of the appliance, lower utility bills, reduce the chance of a fire and dry your clothes faster.
Comprehensive Duct & Dryer Vent Cleaning Services
Comfort Air is a local duct and dryer vent cleaning company serving the residents of Bucks County and Montgomery County since 1969. If your ductwork or dryer vent has never been cleaned, or you suspect you may have an indoor air quality problem, call one of our comfort specialists today.
When was the last time you cleaned your dryer vent? If the answer isn’t anytime within the last three months, there’s a good chance that your vent could use a thorough cleaning. Fortunately, Custom Aire is proud to provide residents of Bucks County and Montgomery County with expert dryer vent cleaning services. Call us at (215) 638-1800 to schedule an appointment, or keep reading to learn the dangers of an improperly maintained dryer vent.
Why Should You Schedule a Dryer Vent Cleaning?
The importance of dryer vent cleaning services shouldn’t be underestimated. Negative consequences of an obstructed dryer vent can include:
- Fires: According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), more than 15,000 home structure fires were caused by clothes dryers per year between 2010 and 2014. 27% of these were caused by dust, fiber or lint. Likewise, the US Fire Administration (USFA) also explains that failure to clean the dryer is the primary cause of clothes dryer fires.
- Dryer damage: An obstructed dryer vent can deal a blow to your dryer’s performance, thus requiring you to run it a few times to fully dry your clothes. This additional, unnecessary use can take its toll, leading to quicker deterioration.
- Hefty energy bills: Unsurprisingly, increased dryer use could send your utility bills through the roof. A clean dryer vent, on the other hand, would cut down on the cycles required per load of laundry, helping to slash your energy spending in the long run.
How Can We Help?
When you employ Custom Aire’s dryer vent cleaning services, our professionals will remove troublesome obstructions from your dryer vent with Rotobrush equipment and a HEPA vacuum system in order to minimize safety hazards and keep your utility bills low. Learn more or schedule your appointment by contacting Custom Aire today.