Preventative Maintenance Agreements for Your Heating & Air Conditioning
Performing seasonal preventative maintenance on your heating, air conditioning and indoor air quality equipment is the best way to ensure trouble free operation and peak performance of your home comfort system. Pre-season maintenance can help you avoid a system failure on the hottest or coldest day of the year. Your home comfort system is similar to your car in that it requires an occasional “tune up” to keep it operating properly. Planned maintenance benefits you and your HVAC system in many ways:
- Increase the life of the system: Heating & air conditioning systems properly maintained have an average 30% longer life span than those not maintained.
- Lower Utility Costs: Keeping your systems maintained helps save on utility bills. Dirty coils contribute to loss of cooling/heating capacity, and to higher power consumption.
- Healthier Environment: Indoor Air Quality affects the health of everyone in the household.
- Service Discounts: You receive a 15% discount on repair parts. Professional routine maintenance helps prevent system failure.
- Priority Service: if the need for a service call arises you go ahead of non-agreement customers.
- Peace of Mind: Planned Maintenance offers you a worry-free lifestyle, and Custom-Aire ensures you top quality workmanship and great service!
- Maintains Warranty: All manufacturers require routine maintenance to keep the factory warranty valid. Maintenance related repairs are also not covered under any manufacturer’s warranties or extended warranties.
Gold Plan Maintenance Program
Our Gold Plan Maintenance program includes 2 inspections per year plus full parts and labor coverage. This is a very popular choice among many of our long-time customers.
Silver Plan Maintenance Program
Our Silver Plan Maintenance program includes 2 inspections per year, plus a 15% discount on all parts and labor.
Both Gold and Silver Plan Maintenance programs provide for a furnace, air conditioner, boiler or heat pump using gas, electricity, or oil, and will cover the points listed below (not all items will apply to all systems).
- Clean evaporator coil if needed
- Check for oil & refrigerant leaks, recharge, if needed
- Lubricate bearings as required
- Inspect & adjust refrigerant and temperature controls
- Inspect safety controls and electronic motors
- Check equipment performance
Heaters and Furnaces
- Check gas burners, valve and combustion efficiency
- Inspect combustion chamber/Heat exchanger, clean if needed
- Visually inspect accessible stack and all controls
- Check evaporator & condenser coils
- Inspect blower assembly and condenser fan blade
- Check refrigerant charge/pressures
- Oil motor(s) as needed, replace oil nozzle, replace filter element
- Adjust electrodes
- Inspect pilot burner assembly, tubing and thermocouple
- Set manifold (gas) Pressure
- Inspect draft inducer assembly and thermostat
- Verify operation of defrost cycle and emergency heat
- Verify all safety controls
- Clean permanent / washable air filters
- Clean / replace pump strainer
Our Gold and Silver Maintenance Agreements are available for residential and commercial customers. Please call to speak with one of our comfort specialists for additional details on any of our Maintenance Agreement Plans.